Pesto is a summer must-have for me. Not to mention, basil is my spirit herb.
- 4 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts or walnuts
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a blender or food processor, combine basil, nuts, and garlic. Pulse until well blended. With the blade running, add in the olive oil in s steady stream.
- Pause the motor and scrape down the sides, then add the grated cheese and salt while pulsing, until everything blended together. Enjoy!