The edges get crisp and crunchy in a cast iron skillet, but this recipe can be made in a muffin tin or cake pan just as well (though you may need to adjust the time).
- 1 1/2 cups freshly ground cornmeal
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups yogurt or sour cream (or mixture of the two)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a 12" cast iron skillet with butter.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl, and whisk until well mixed and free of lumps.
- In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, and mix until just combined.
- Pour into cast iron skillet and bake for 20-25 minutes (when an inserted knife comes out clean). Enjoy!