- zest of 1 blood orange, as well as its slices (about 1/8" thick)
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cups coconut sugar (cane sugar will work too)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups full fat ricotta cheese
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. coat an 8" cake pan with butter, line the bottom with parchment paper, then coat the parchment paper with butter as well. Sprinkle in a thin layer of sugar, line with the thinly sliced blood orange to make a single layer. Set aside.
- Whisk together the sugar, ricotta, eggs, butter, vanilla, and zests until light and well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flours, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, then pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!