This granola is made with nuts and seeds, so it's very filling and nutrient dense. It's great with yogurt or milk and fruit!
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter (or coconut oil)
- 4 Tablespoons raw cacao or natural cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4-1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Soak walnuts, almonds, and hazelnuts covered in water with a pinch of salt overnight or for about 8 hours (soaking the nuts first removes enzyme inhibitors, making them easier to digest and making nutrients easier to absorb).
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Drain and rinse the nuts and quickly dry them in a cloth towel.
- Place the nuts in the bowl of a food processor and pulse briefly until just coarsely chopped.
- Gently melt together the butter and honey in a small saucepan over low heat stirring continually to combine.
- Add in the cacao or natural cocoa powder along with a pinch of salt and the vanilla to the butter mixture and whisk to blend until well combined.
- Add the chocolate and butter mixture to the food processor and pulse to combine.
- Add the chia seeds and shredded coconut to the bowl and pulse again until everything is about the size of oats.
- Spread mixture evenly on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for about 4 hours, or until dry and crispy. Let granola cool, then store in an airtight container. Enjoy!