This tart shell is the base to whatever vegetables are in season or ingredients you have on hand. I use it for my everything tart, but any of the fillings can be easily swapped out.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour or cassava flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter or coconut oil
- 1-2 egg whites (reserve the yolk for filling or other use)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9" tart pan.
- Combine almond flour, oat flour, tapioca (or cassava) flour, and salt in a food processor. Add in butter or coconut oil and pulse until flour resembles a course meal. With the motor running, add in 1 egg white until the dough comes together in a mass. If the dough is still crumbly, you may need to add another egg white.
- Gather the dough and spread into tart pan, pressing the dough until it evenly covers the bottom and sides. Place in the freezer for ten minutes.
- Remove from the freezer, and bake for about 16-18 minutes (or until lightly golden).
- Remove from oven, let cool for a few minutes, add in desired fillings, and bake again according to recipe. Enjoy!