Oatcakes are a traditional scottish accompaniment to soups, salads, cheese or jam.
- 1 cup oat flour (plus extra for dusting)
- 1 cup oats (I used Scottish style, but rolled oats will also work)
- 4 tablespoons cold, unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oat flour, oats, and salt.
- Using a fork or pastry knife, cut in the cold butter until the oat mixture is crumbly and the butter is in small pieces.
- Slowly add in water, and mix with a wooden spoon or hands until the dough comes together in a mass.
- Spread some oat flour onto a work surface, knead the dough a few times, then roll out dough to 1/4" thick. Cut into circles with a cup or biscuit cutter (or use any shape you like!).
- Place oatcakes on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Enjoy!