I call this the everything tart, because it has it all. Sweet, salty, smoky, tangy, spicy, and nutty. It’s a combination of flavors and textures that makes this tart fun to make and eat.
- 1 tart shell recipe
- slices of crispy, cooked bacon, crumbled into pieces
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil for sautéing
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch of kale, roughly chopped
- 4 eggs, plus one egg yolk
- 1/2 cup full fat, plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons dried currents or raisins
- 1/4 feta cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally.
- Sauté for about one minute. Add a couple of tablespoons of water if too dry, then cover and let the kale steam about 5-6 minutes. Take off heat.
- Beat the eggs and yogurt together in a medium bowl. Add the kale and onion mixture to the eggs and yogurt when it’s cool enough to not cook the eggs. Stir in the currants and bacon.
- Add the filling to the tart crust. Sprinkle the top with cheese. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the center is set.
- Let cool, then enjoy! This tart is tasty eaten warm, room temperature, or even cold.